Economic Policy welcomes submissions of papers in all fields of economics but characterised by a significant policy content, which should not come at the expenses of rigour of their theoretical framework and empirical analysis. Completed drafts are preferred but short proposals are also welcome.
Submissions should be uploaded to our online editorial manager: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ecpol.
The Managing Editors will also occasionally invite contributions for special issues on highly relevant and urgent policy issues.
After editorial review, commissioned proposals will be appointed to the first available panel, with first drafts of the paper typically required 5 months in advance of the meeting.
Style instructions for authors
Instructions for writing an Economic Policy paper are available to download here. Please read these instructions carefully before planning your draft outline and again before writing your first draft.
To save this document, you need to open the file, save it onto your directory and “save as” your own document.
Alternatively, you can save it as a “word template” (i.e. with the extension EP_template.dot rather that *.doc) and transfer all the styles to an existing word document. To do this,
- open the existing word document,
- go to “styles” under “Format” menu
- click on “organiser”
- click on “close file” on the right side (to close the document’s original template),
- click on “open file”,
- open the template you just saved (you need to go to the directory you save it to),
- then you’ll see all the styles from EP_template.dot.
- highlight them all and copy them to your document using the “copy” button (say yes when it asks if you want to over write existing styles).
- then you must use the styles consistently, e. g. Normal for all normal text, Heading 1 for Section headings, Footnote Text, authors’names and title for the respective text.